OK, pitty party over. :-) And yes, for the record the hubster had surgery last week to hopefully fix his shoulder for good. I feel bad for him because it's obviously no fun. But I would be lying if I said I am not envious of his couch potato time. :-)
Sorry I haven't produced any posts lately, just haven't had anything really interesting to write on. I am pretty sure I am in the midst of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It runs in the family and I've had it before....so it's no shocker. It just stinks to be tired all day long, no motivation at all to get up and run...and the desire to digest every single carb known to man. I've had some serious cravings for cinnamon and caramel rolls, any kind of bread really. Ahh....come on sunshine! And please oh please, let this pile of snow melt quickly. I love the snow but 3 feet of it is too much for this area. We no longer have sidewalks and those that are shoveled are now covered in ice from the melting snow. Both the kid and I are going NUTS!!!
I'm dreaming of beaches in Aruba. Ahhh.....
But in HAPPY news, I finally decided to open up my espresso machine. I was in limbo for a couple months and just decided what the heck and kept it. I'm not sure who likes it more...the hubster or me. Of course he loves it because he has yet to do the dirty work to produce a lovely drink. That is the one thing that's great about going to Starbucks. But this baby will save us money in the long-term.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the Olympics! I love the winter Olympics; and will be praying for the safety of the luge atheltes today. Sooo sad!
5 comments:
This is the 2nd post in a week where I read about drinking espresso. At some point I have to try this and see how it compares to coffee.
I hope your husband's recovering from his surgery. And I hear you about this rough winter! I have never seen so much snow at time one before and it will make me really appreciate spring.
Oh no espresso for me. Too strong. Although, I think I might try it if I can get my a$$ out of bed in the morning to go for a run. Kind of like a pre-party shot; except it isn't a shot of tequila but a shot of espresso. It's too strong for me too sip :-). I stick with lattes or cappuccinos!
Focus on the positives :) that's good - Spring will be here soon enough! (but not soon enough!) and hopefully it will help! the espresso machine sounds fantastic!
You know...I'm sure they sell Vitamin D in a bottle somewhere. I hope you feel better or at least get in some outside running. I find I am always a little "unstable" when not running. (Husband says, CAH-RAZY) I can't drink coffee and can't imagine espresso!! Hope your hubby heals soon!
Thanks for posting on my blog...
Before we moved to Colombia a few years ago, we lived in Wisconsin. My last couple of winters there were really tough and if we'd stayed, I likely would have had to figure out a way to manage the depression. For me, running helped a lot...once I got out the door.
Even here, it's just starting to get lighter earlier and we're getting slightly longer days. Spring makes such a difference.
I love espresso but am fairly caffeine free right now. We just bought a French press and my husband makes enough for us both and then drinks it all and is wired, completely wired for the day. Hm...
Post a Comment