I did get outside for a measly 3 mile run but it was a super slow run. I'm feeling super tired this week. It might have something to do with the 'ol POSITIVE I got on Monday morning :-). Finally. I had to wait a week to get it but it's well worth it. I was so relieved to finally get it, obviously, since we've been wanting to be pregnant since September.
I'm only 5 weeks along, and I know it's still super early to tell you guys, but I figured I could write about it and get advice from other peeps who have been or are pregnant and trying to stay pretty active. Last pregnancy I didn't run much at all. My doctors, then, said I needed to keep my HR around 140 and that was pretty much impossible so I got very discouraged. I did play softball during the first Trimester so I guess if that counts as some sort of exercise we'll count it :-). So yes, I am pooped and holy cow I have to go much slower during my runs. I am used to going about 8:30 to 9:00 and today i think I was averaged around a 10:30 or more just so I wasn't huffing and puffing. And I had to include some walk breaks. The nausea hasn't hit, yet, so that makes me happy! I had it pretty bad from about 6 weeks to about 12 with jackson so we'll see if it happens again.
My trip to Ikea with just me and Jackson didn't really work out AT ALL. He was great during the fist part and then during lunch. But then he started to get tired and we got to the marketplace and all he wanted to do was get down and get into things. Needless to say, we went back the next day with Jon because I couldn't get a lot of the things we needed. Lesson learned :-)
Looking to incorporate more vegetarian recipes into the mix so if anyone has any great ones please share!! I was doing really great but then we kind of got in a rut and it's time to get back to about a 50/50. I'm trying to go more vegetarian for health and saving some moola (well, not really saving, but more to spend on organic and range fed meat). Anyway, please share!!!
7 comments:
Congrats! 5 weeks already, that's great! Hopefully you don't have as much nausea as you did last time.
CONGRATS!!! Such exciting news. I had horrible nausea with Elena so I can relate. I hope you don't get that again.
Congrats!!! What a relief that must have been to see the +++. :) And yes, totally normal to be huffing while you run, especially this early on. Something about how your blood vessels dilate but you don't have enough blood to fill 'em yet so your heart has to work a lot harder... that's why you might get lightheaded when you stand up suddenly too. It'll go away in a month or so.
As far as vegetarian recipes go... check out a book by Mark Bittman called "How To Cook Everything Vegetarian". It is awesome. We are not vegetarians but we eat that way a lot and I've found the best recipes in this book. Simple too.
Congrats on your pregnancy!! You should totally come run with the club. In fact 3 of my friends who run are preggo. There are people of all paces. Oh and my friend who does the blog hungrymomontherun - always posts recipies. Check it out - it's under my favorites!
That's so exciting Billie! Yay!! and I like the new blog look too. The first tri is sooo pooping - I was so tired! My doctor just said listen to my body so I run at whatever pace I can handle for as long as I can go. Swimming is awesome, and I try to lift light weights.
Vegetarian recipes!
http://lilrunnerrecipes.wikispaces.com/+Portabellos
http://lilrunnerrecipes.wikispaces.com/Black+Bean+Patties
http://lilrunnerrecipes.wikispaces.com/Spinach+Pie
http://lilrunnerrecipes.wikispaces.com/Spinach+Balls
Congrats! I was super slow during my pregnancy. The 1st trimester was the worst. I couldn't catch my breath. As for recipes, I really love the ideas on Eat Live Run.
Congratulations! I was slow through my first trimester with Claire and with this new baby too. I'm finding more energy to pick it up now.
I hear you on shopping with little ones! I've shortened lists just to get home!
Post a Comment