Thursday, April 1, 2010

Army 10-miler

So a big part of me wants to sign up for the Army 10-Miler. But umm, that's a month before my due date. Is that insane? Jon is pretty much telling me it's not allowed :-). If my pubic symphesis issues don't come back this pregnancy I might be able to do it. Don't worry, I have no dreams of even running fast. It would definitely be a walk/run event for me and the baby :-).

What do you all think???? I need to decide fast because it's selling out quick: it's probably around 24K registered and caps at 30K. Hmm....

6 comments:

justme said...

holy cow, i am not that hardcore....why risk anything ? i guess the doc would be the right person to guide you ...

Michelle Simmons said...

That's tough decision to make right now... but a month before your due date? Possible, but you know you'll be pretty uncomfortable by then, right? Don't you remember from last time? ;) Though maybe it would be a good goal to have something on the horizon like that.

Billie said...

After writing it and then re-reading it I realized I am kinda "dumb" for thinking I can handle it. I will be super uncomfortable and I really think I'm going to have issues with pain "down there" so I might as well just sit it out. It's tough knowing I want to run it so I can keep the streak going but I know it's probably impossible. It is just going to be the year we watch Daddy from the sidelines :-).

N.D. said...

Yea.. my last 10 miler is going to be almost 3 months before my due date - and after running this last one at just over 5 months, I'm thinking there is no gdamn way I'd consider doing a 10 miler a month pre due date. :)

Angela and David said...

Just think of the bathroom issues! Physically I think you and the baby could handle it, but it sounds a bit miserable. I was able to run up until the day I was induced and all pretty comfortably (I know, I was lucky) and the thought of doing a 10 miler seems painful. Sounds like you might have talked yourself out of it.

zbsports said...

For me all running events is cool so no need to think twice go for it.