Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not Motivated Lately

I just haven't been motivated lately. At first it was because I could only run between 3-4 miles before my knee started to act up. Then I just got so freakin busy and Jon wasn't home so I had no time to run. Then we went home on holiday break and I just got lazy. I couldn't get up in the morning to run because my sister and her boyfriend were still sleeping and the treadmill would wake them up.

My goal was to run every day this week because Jon was home and not working the morning shift. Yup, didn't happen.

I admit I am one of those runners who likes to have a goal on the horizon. Without a goal on the horizon I lose a lot of motivation to run. The only goal on the horizon is to get pregnant. Being pregnant and "racing" don't seem to go well together in my mind. But after reading a few blogs of pregnant women I know I can still "race." OK, maybe not really train really hard, but I can still train to run. And it gives me something to work towards. I think it'd be a lot easier for me if I had a running club to run in. I'm trying to inch my way into the neighborhood group.

And hopefully...I might meet up with DC Running Mama this weekend. That is if she's up for a SUPER slow run. :-)

5 comments:

Angela and David said...

Have fun with DC Running Mama! We were able to get together last summer. She's awesome! Too bad I don't still live in the DC area so we could all get together.

And the motivation will come back. It's January. No one is motivated (well, except maybe those peopel in Hawaii who thinks temps in the 70s make it winter).

Billie said...

Ha ha! Love the Hawaii comment. It's funny because I soo longed for colder weather. And now I just can't wait for it to be spring so I have warmer weather again! I think I am slowly becoming a warmer weather kind of person. If only the summers didn't get so hot in most of the moderate weather zones!

RunningMama said...

I think I am struggling with the same issue. The other day at the track someone asked me what races I am running "because [I] are in awesome shape!" Sadly, I shook my head and said that I have no races on the horizon (*real* races). Hubby and I are having a big pow-wow tonight about the TTC thing...I kind of want to wait a month or two now...and he wants to get started. We'll see. If you change your mind about the ice, let me know! I'm planning on running both days. Maybe CAR on Sunday.

N.D. said...

I feel like I need a weekly goal for pregnancy and my goal rides on gaining minimal weight (you know, the lowest healthy amount) and not carrying extra weight.. and just feeling good about myself for staying fit. I think it's hard going into TTC and trying to be motivated. Running group sounds like a great idea.

Tricia said...

I think a running group sounds like a great idea!