Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blah

Most days I come up with these great things I want to write, but I just don't end up doing it. The hubby has actually been home for a few weeks now so I have just been enjoying that. But it can't last forever....he's gone again for three weeks. So now I have to really, really focus on getting in my mileage. It's so much easier when he's here! Since here isn't here I now I have to wait until Jackson wakes up and eats breakfast. It has been about a month since I've done a longer run while pushing him in the Chariot, so it will be interesting to see how that goes tomorrow :-).

I am still working on figuring out my running schedule/plan for the marathon and how to fit in the 10-miler. I pretty much have it mapped out but there are so many different options and plans. I think I have combined a few of them to make it into what I want and can handle. I just really don't want to end up with some kind of injury. Last marathon I ended up getting (what I think anyway) a possible stress fracture in my foot and it didn't end up bothering me too badly until the last 5 miles and it was not fun at all. Another reason why my time totally sucked :-)

Speaking of the marathon...I have been going over my plan to run the marathon again. I just am starting to feel like it is a dumb idea and I should just go ahead and try and get pregnant. And then I also look at the running schedule and think to myself....wow, do I REALLY want to end up running all of those long runs?????? :-)

My quads are feeling a bit tight and I really wanted to go swimming today instead of going for a run but the only time I could get it in was this morning. Unfortunately I had no idea traffic would be backed as badly as it was so I turned around and only ended up running 3 miles today. And I really wanted to get some strength-training in or a core workout at the minimum and that also didn't happen. I HATE it when I don't accomplish the things I really want to do. I like to be able to check the block :-)

Oh ya and to top it off I totally flubbed up my roast chicken. So embarrassing. Especially since it was dinner for me and J and a friend and her kiddo.

Maybe if I feel like writing again I'll hop on here one more time before I go to bed. But the kitchen is calling my name. So much to do tonight since I have to get my bags packed, too! I am heading to NYC for a few days and I can't wait to go for a run in Central Park. Oh how I miss that place!!!! And I can tell you I will NOT be eating super healthy over the next couple of days! Can you say Cannolis???????!!!!!!!! Yummy!!! And the bagels of course, too. I can't find a great bagel anywhere around here. I plan on eating one as my pre-run and post-run snacks! Yummy!!!




1 comment:

N.D. said...

Have fun in NY!! What does your husband do that he's away and back? I hear you about the long runs. It seems easy but the long runs are the killer!! Maybe the pregnancy will just happen and you won't have to plan it out. I just posted the black bean recipe. Thanks for reminding me to do so - sometimes I just blank on doing so!