I did the race calculator on runner's world and it says if I can run a 5K in 22 mins then I can run a marathon in 3:20 something. Hmm, somehow I think that is just a weee bit on the not so correct side. I don't think i could sustain that pace for 26 miles. I mean, I am not running the 5k all out (it's just my training runs), but it's still around 80 to 85 percent of my MHR. So what gives?
Also...been trying to put together a plan just to see how it'd look on the training calendar. But I don't know how to incorporate the Army 10-miler into the training plan. I really don't want to fork out the dough for a coach but I might have to. I need someone to help me a) answer the question about if I even think I have a shot in hell at qualifying.....and b) how to put a plan together to help me achieve this VERY LOFTY goal.
On non-running notes, I can't believe the weather! Holy crapola! I mean, we still had our DC/NOVA hot and humid weather this weekend and then voila...we're into lovely warm 70s and not humid weather. I am one happy lady with this weather change!!!!!!! I had a new stride in my run this morning. I was just lovin' it!
But can you believe it's the 1st of September?? Really?? Really? Summer is really over??????
1 comment:
isn't this weather great!! for your plan, how about using smartcoach and tailoring it for a 3:30 finish? As far as cookbooks : Deborah Madison Vegetarin cooking for everyone is great (hhttp://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Cooking-Everyone-Deborah-Madison/dp/0767900146) -onlt downfal is lack of pictures, and another one is Joy of cooking: all about vegtarain(http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Cooking-All-About-Vegetarian/dp/0743202090) - lots of pics. I really like the eat clean cookbook too- a good # of veggie recipes!
Post a Comment