Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love Hate Relationship

I have a serious love hate relationship with my gadgets. So you know how I said I had issues with my foot pod to my Polar running watch last week? Well, we're still having issues. It isn't working and the only thing I can do at this point is send it in to Polar. I really don't want to give it up; I am really attached to it! Part of me says "hey, you can do this...just run for feel." But you know, sometimes I just like to know how fast I am going. I honestly would have no problem turning it in if I could keep my watch and just train by HR. BUT I have to send that in too! The only other option is to throw $50 bucks down for a new pod and then just send the whole thing in later on after the marathon. I guess it might be helpful to have two pods just in case I have issues again...then I always have a back up. I just wish they'd send me a new one :-)

In some ways not knowing my speed is a bit liberating. It forces me to get back to just running to run. I mean, sure I'm still checking my HR every so often just to be sure I'm not climbing up into the red areas. But it really is nice not to be so concerned with hitting the right pace. Maybe this is happening for a good reason? But it would be nice to have the sucker for the marathon so I can maintain a slow pace for the beginning, because I know I will go with the crowds and go out too fast if I don't have something to reign me in! But then again, I only had a watch for the last marathon so I could technically be ok :-)

I can't wait to get out for my run today! Gotta love this warmer Fall weather!!!

1 comment:

N.D. said...

You are doing philly! how'd I miss that! we should meet up. That is what I am running. Are you doing 2 20's?