Friday, November 20, 2009

Day before eating

What do you guys eat the day before the marathon?? I'm trying to cut out the fiber, but so many carbs are loaded with fiber, so if I do that, it's like, what do I eat??? Maybe just cut out the whole wheat stuff and lesson the amounts of high fiber fruits and eat more veggies?

7 comments:

N.D. said...

I just eat normally (but less fat- no dairy) and then eat grains for dinner w/ veggies.

RunningMama said...

I ate lots of carbs. I don't stuff myself (as in feeling sick).

Here's what I ate:
Bfast: oatmeal, banana, strawberries, walnuts, honey

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Turkey sandwich and potato fries (homemade), apple

Snack: Banana and Granola bar

Dinner: 3 large pieces of pizza; small side salad; large piece of apple cake

RunningMama said...

Is it sad that I still remember that??

Billie said...

haha! No, it isn't sad. I'll take the apple cake!! I think I need to bake some stuff tonight!!!!

Unknown said...

I have always done the three days of protein and then the carbo load for two days and the normal balanced diet the day before and I've always liked it! I can't eat on marathon day though.

Denise said...

Hey, I'm bummed I'm just now realizing you're running Philly Sunday!! Life has been really busy and I haven't been exploring the blog world much. Good luck this weekend!! I'll be with the 3:40 group, would love to meet you.

As for eating, I eat pretty normal but I eat more for lunch and less for dinner. And I eat a little more carbs and cut back on the salads a few days before.

Abby said...

Just saw your blog through Natalie's - I'll be out there, too, probably starting with the 3:40 group... good luck!!